How to connect SendGrid to Sierra Interactive in less than 10 minutes!Oct 15, 2020
Here's how to connect SendGrid to Sierra Interactive in less than 10 minutes! Sierra Interactive has recently begun allowing users to beta test their new mass-emailing integration with SendGrid and Mandrill.
SendGrid & Sierra Interactive Setup Steps
Follow the video above, "How to connect SendGrid to Sierra Interactive in less than 10 minutes!" which will cover the bullet points below.
- Create a SendGrid Account - Must be the Pro plan with the shared IP address. It's $90.00 a month.
- Remove email sending limit steps
- Confirm your account email address
- Authenticate your sending domain -
This is where we see a lot of people have issues with the installation of Sendgrid, specifically identifying what their Domain Name Server(DNS) is for the first step of trying to authenticate your domain.The site http://www.whatsmydnsserver.com/ is a simple one-click to figuring out that information!
Setup two-factor authentication
- Add payment method
- Create a Sender Identity
- Create a SendGrid API Key
- Attach your SendGrid API Key to Sierra Interactive inside of the integrations screen
- Season the account - Important step here: You must season your SendGrid account when you first get it. Pause all active plans and then follow this pace so that Sendgrid understands you know the rules and are willing to follow them.
This is the proper pace at which you need to send your emails out in the first few weeks.You need to make sure you get to the right volume before you turn on the E-Alerts and Market Reports to come from your Sendgrid account. If you have 30,000 leads then you need to get to 30,000 in the chart below.Day 1 = 50 emailsDay 2 = 100 emailsDay 3 = 500 emailsDay 4 = 1000 emailsDay 5 = 5,000 emailsDay 6 = 10,000 emailsDay 7 = 20,000 emailsDay 8 = 40,000 emailsDay 9 = 70,000 emailsDay 10 = 100,000Day 11 = 150,000 emailsDay 12 = 250,000 emailsDay 13 = 400,000 emailsDay 14 = 600,000 emailsDay 15 = 1,000,000 emailsDay 16 = 2,000,000 emailsDay 17 = 4,000,000Day 18 = Double Sending Volume Daily
Why use SendGrid with Sierra Interactive?
According to Sierra Interactive's help article, you can send up to 5,000 emails at one time, and up to 50,000 emails per day, via your connected SendGrid account.
This major step forward in platform functionality. In the past, users were required to connect Gmail, Outlook, or other email services.
In the past, mass emails to leads inside of your database that you were nurturing were sent via email addresses that are not made for marketing emails but rather transactional emails.
The SendGrid and Mandrill integrations allow users to connect a mass marketing email account to their Sierra Interactive account making the nurturing leads at a high level via email possible.
Both SendGrid and Mandrill accomplish the same task. However, we prefer SendGrid's integration.
- If you are attempting to verify your sender identity for the domain you are currently utilizing for your Sierra site (or one of your Sierra sites, in the case that you have multiple Sierra sites), and that domain is hosted via Sierra's Cloudflare account, you will need the assistance of the Sierra Interactive customer success team in order to complete this step. Please message [email protected] for more on this point.
- SendGrid requires a sending domain to be integrated into your SendGrid account for more than 30 days in order to move past the "free trial" period. Until 30 days has been reached, you will only be able to send a maximum of 100 emails per day via your SendGrid account. - Nobody should be on the free trial
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. Don't worry, your information will not be shared.